CHILDREN’S LEARNING ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (CLEP)

 

In 2008, the Children’s Learning Enhancement Program completed its fourteenth year of service to the children of Hartford.  In May 1994, a group of volunteers from Union Baptist Church met with the administration of SAND School.  As a result of this meeting, the Union/SAND Connection was formed for the children in the church neighborhood.  The program opened its doors in October 1994.

 

In 1998, the name was changed to CLEP and became an autonomous group with a Board of Directors that envisioned broadening its services to other schools and expanding its funds.  In October 1998, Clark School was added to the program.  In 2001, Millner School was included.

 

Over the years, CLEP has included many volunteers from Union Baptist Church and Hartford City Mission, plus  parents and friends from the community.  The program is grateful for the many financial gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.

CHILDRENS LEARNING ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM

GIVE ONLINE

Contact Us

Union Baptist Church

1921 Main Street

Hartford, CT 06120

860-247-0648

Email: office@unionbaptisthartford.org 

E-mail us